Thursday, May 25, 2006

I remember a time... But now...

I remember a time when I had never heard of the Wiggles.
But now I don't go a day without seeing at least an hour of Wiggles.

I remember a time when I would sleep until the alarm woke me.
But now I don't even set the alarm -- my kid wakes me up every morning.

I remember a time when I would spend 20 minutes in the shower every morning.
But now I'm sneaking in a five minute shower right before bed at night.

I remember a time when I could sit and eat an entire bowl of sugar cereal, and I was too thin.
But now I end up sharing over half of a bowl with my two yr. old, and I still can't lose that baby fat.

I remember a time when sentences consisted of nouns and properly conjugated verbs.
But now I'm really excited if a sentence contains more than two words.

I remember a time when all my tops fit properly, and I always had something clean to wear.
But now all my tops are stretched from Baby pulling on them, and he's lucky if his sheets are clean by naptime -- forget washing clothes just to wear them that night.

I remember a time when I hated being alone because it was boring.
But now I crave alone time, and something is always happening.

You know, my life has changed a lot in the last two years. But I'm okay with that. I'm glad of most of the changes, and I wouldn't go back to the way it used to be.

Sorry I've been so absent the last month. I hit a rough patch, and it was a struggle just to get my daily tasks done. I'm doing better now, and we're taking steps toward preventing future "rough" patches.

No comments: