Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Rainbow

I saw a rainbow today. It was beyond beautiful. It disappeared halfway into the clouds, for just a moment, and gave way to the bluest sky I have seen in a long time. Because it was nearly sunset, the blue was laced with pink and cream. I cannot tell you what a balm the day has been for me.

In keeping with my rainbow tradition:

I went to work today, and learned some things that I think will really, really help me. Guess who I work for... Rexair: the company that invented the Rainbow cleaning system. These wonderful tidbits were passed on to me before I saw God's promise displayed to His wandering creation.

I took my son for a walk around the block today. Three times around is a mile, and he was a gem for the whole mile. Then I took the dog for a walk, and we did another three times around.

I spoke with my grandpa today, whom I haven't spoken to since like Easter-ish. Hmmm... before that, because it was before my littlest sister was born. Grandma works the night shift at the hospital, so he was kind of lonely and doing nothing, and I was kind of lonely, a little worried about my son, and doing nothing. So I strapped on my tennis shoes and did ten laps while I talked to Grandpa on the phone. I realized half-way around the tenth time that I was practically dragging the dog, who was asleep on his feet, and I came in and talked to Grandpa during my cool down. We talked for nearly 90 minutes, and it was wonderful!!

Plus, I walked a total of five and one-third miles, and I feel wonderful.

As evidenced by the fact that I am up typing at quarter after one, rather than sleeping. Tomorrow/today I have physical therapy for my back, and I'm a little nervous. I did do my exercises, and am eager to see if there is any physical improvement. I am a little ashamed because I didn't try as hard as I could have on some days, and I know that she will be able to tell. I know that when I don't do my exercises, I am wasting both my time and hers... but I'm afraid that sometimes that knowledge is not enough to motivate me. I need to become more unselfish and let my love for her guide my exercises.

I'm going to sleep now, and I'm going to dream of rainbows... the pretty ones, not the ones that look like a Star Wars character.

No comments: