Thursday, April 18, 2013

Starting Over, Again.

I have decided to start over with my blog. I haven't decided whether to move my old posts to a different blog, hide them, or keep them where they are. I don't want to delete them, as I did a lot of growing through them, but I don't want them to get in the way of my goals.

January 1st, I said that I wanted to lose 70lbs this year. I was going to be very happy if I lost 50, but would rather shoot too high and miss than shoot too low and hamper my progress.

I was wrong.

Instead of losing weight, I have gained 20 pounds. This is not good, obviously. I am not fitting well into any of my pants from last year. I feel awful physically and emotionally. I am tired all the time. I have frequent migraines. I have very little motivation. Part of all this is my desire to get a job. I have interviewed many, many times, and have yet to land a job. I'm discouraged and disappointed. Add to that my weight, which emotionally disgusts me, and I'm not happy at all.

I am drawing a line in the sand. This is as far as I will go in this direction, and I will go no farther.

My new goals are:
  1. Lose 10 pounds. I am setting a time limit of one month. That is 2.5 pounds a week. The following goals will support this main goal.
  2. No more than 24 oz of soda per day. After that, it's water only. I am currently drinking up to 60oz of soda a day, and that is not healthy.
  3. Walk one mile every day. I must do this, whether I am stopping every five minutes to throw up, or whether I am healthy as a horse. I will accept no more excuses.
  4. Log my calorie intake and output. This is very easy using MyFitnessPal and my FitBit. It takes very little time, and I am on the computer most of the time anyway. This starts TODAY.
  5. Keep this a secret. I realize that most weight loss experts will encourage you to make yourself accountable to other people. I am choosing to be accountable to myself. If I can not do this for myself, when the world is not watching, then I am going to fail. I need this to be my project -- my win or my loss. Hopefully my win and my loss. :-)

I'm starting today. I have already had 12oz of soda, so I can only have one more can today. And I will get my walk in today. I must.

Here's to health -- physical and emotional.

No comments: