Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Getting there...

1. (weight/fitness) I'm working out nearly every day now, in one form or another. I'm using a combination of Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVDs, Wii Fit Plus, and Wii Active. Tonight I did my first of 24 workouts in the Wii Active (More Workouts) 6 Week Challenge. I have set new, more realistic goals for myself. I'm hoping to hit 200 lbs by the end of March now, instead of February. I'm currently at 218.4, which means I've lost 5.1 pounds since Dec. 27th. Yay!! I've figured out that I do well with outside motivation. I wouldn't have worked out tonight if my husband hadn't told me to "go for it!" I'm thinking of ways that I can use this to my benefit. If you know any, leave a comment, and I'll be sure to give it a try!

2. (mental health) Working out is affecting my moods, but I'm still logging my thoughts and feelings and sleep habits. I've noticed that this past week I've slept a lot more than I used to. I think part of that has to do with getting sick last week, and part might be a lack of structure. If I plan my time better, I might feel less fatigued. I've also been paying more attention to when I feel the most stressed, and watching out for physical cues of anxiety or mental "snapping". Working out has relieved some of my physical pressure and has lengthened my fuse, so to speak. I haven't felt close to panic attack for a few days now, which is a good achievement.

3. (parenting) As I had expected, elevating my energy level by working out and decreasing my anxiety level have resulted in increased patience with my sons, more awareness of how I am treating them, and a more creative approach to discipline. Tonight I became stressed feeding the youngest, who did NOT want the soup I had prepared for his dinner. By switching places with my husband when I hit my limit, my oldest was able to finish his homework, and the youngest was able to eat his dinner. I did not feel as though I were all alone in that battle, and it helped a lot. I merely swapped one battle for another, but the change of pace, and the feeling of fighting Chad's battle instead of my own, helped a lot. I think I kept a much better hold on my emotions, and our mutual goals were accomplished.

No comments: