Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Making Progress...

1. (weight/fitness) Worked out again today. Set up a schedule of Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday work outs, and Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday as off days. Weight was 216.1 today. Happy with this progress. It's not dropping off quickly (which I do actually kind of want...) but I realize that this is healthy and means that it will be easier to keep the weight off. Still, there is a part of me that would really like to see more instant results. That would be awesome! lol... But the rational part of me has to convince the rest of me that I'm wrong.

2. (mental health) I am looking forward to attending my Bipolar Support group again. Also, I need to find a new therapist, as mine retired. So...

3. (parenting) Finished reading "Strong Willed Child" by James Dobson. Excellent choice for me, and very helpful. I haven't yelled at the kids all day, and I can see that going on much longer. I think this is a book we are going to buy. I see a lot of myself in the child that Dobson describes, and I see my oldest in that child, too. I'm eager (can't believe I'm going to say this!) for our first head to head confrontation, so that I can use some of the techniques he suggests.

No comments: