Sunday, January 10, 2010

Off target...

1. I have been sick for the last three days. First time in years that I've had just a cold. Usually I take antibiotics and wipe out whatever it is in couple of days. But this isn't an antibiotic kind of thing. It's just a stuffy nose, headache, and some nausea. And weariness. What do I do -- go to the doctor and say, "Doc, my head hurts, and I'm tired"? And he'll say "Here's some Tylenol, take it, drink fluids, and get some rest." Lol... I'll save myself the co-pay. :D

So in an effort to meet my weight loss goals, I have signed up on exercisefriends.com to try to find an exercise buddy. I have not worked out since Tuesday night, but I did work out again tonight (Saturday). I feel better than I have felt, and I'm a little more clear headed. I weighed in tonight, and I am at 220.9. Just about where I was nine days ago. However, I have lost a 1/4 inch off my waist line.

2. I went to see my psychotherapist on Wednesday. She told me that she is semi-retiring, and will only be working for one day a week at a different facility. I am laughing because she is one of a great many doctors/therapists/pastors/friends who have left their practice/facility/job/city since I became a patient or friend. However, she gave me some good papers for helping me to lose weight, and I'm looking forward to a new therapist. I need some guidance, and I need a person who will give me action items. Dian was good at that, and apparently so is John. But I need to actually make contact with him first.

3. I've done little toward my goal of becoming a better parent. I have avoided the kids when I know that I am in a bad mood, but other than that, I've done little other than feed the babies, clothe them, and get them where they need to be when they need to be there. I'll be working on this in the future, but I'm positive that as I improve my mental capacities with exercise and therapy, my parenting skills will come along side.

Any thoughts?

No comments: