Thursday, March 30, 2006

Ahhh, nature...

This morning I took my very hyper tiny little man over to his sitter's. I needed to get some school work and Pampered Chef done, and make some calls, and he was just too BUSY!! So I got a little work done, and my dog begged to go out. So I let him out and saw just how BEAUTIFUL it is today!!

I stopped my work and spent about 15 minutes in the garden. I moved some dirt around and found a couple more baby flowers. I'm so excited about all the flowers that are coming up. Then I worked a little more on my work. Then I grabbed the leash and my bike and took the dog for a run. It was the first time that he's run with me while I was riding, but he learned fairly quickly not to dart in front of me while we were going! He got hit three times by my front tire, and didn't do it again! Funny dog. So I got to do two of my favorite things in the whole wide world today -- ride my bike and dig in the dirt. I even dragged the laptop and the phones outside, and I'm sitting out back, just enjoying the sun and the breeze, and my work!!

Today is one of those days when I just shake my head and wonder, How can people believe that God isn't good? I know that life is crappy sometimes - I'm struggling with my own hardships at the moment. But then a day like today comes along, and I am so thankful for the tiny little bit of love I can see. It's as though God has wrapped his arm around my shivering heart, and he's saying "I know honey. I know. I don't like what we're going through any more than you do. I can't do anything about it right now though - I'm growing you. I know it's tough, but here, I'll tell you what. Have a pretty sunny day and feel better. We can puzzle this over later. Right now, just enjoy me. Don't ask why, don't wait for the shadows of tomorrow... just enjoy the gift." And my tiny little heart gives a half-hearted smile and looks outside. And the warmth is amazing, and the breeze is refreshing, and I can relax.

Luke 16: 22-31 says "22Then Jesus said to his disciples: 'Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 26Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? 27Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! 29And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.'"



Later
Baby and I played outside until naptime. Then he napped while I pooper scoopered the entire back yard. Then we played outside until Daddy came home. Then we walked 5/6 of a mile as a family, and then played in the backyard with a girl from down the street. We didn't finally go inside until 7:05 pm!! What a beautiful day it has been! I am so thankful for such a wonderful introduction to Spring.

No comments: