Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I'm changing my name.

Pretty uneventful day. I tried to sleep all day, but different things kept waking me up: dog, phone, Ziggie, baby. I'm crampy again -- not a good sign. I know all you guys really want to know that... but hey, it's *my journal. :D

I was supposed to go to work, but I woke up and got ready and I had a migraine and a didn't feel good. Everytime I walked across the room or stood up I would get really dizzy or nauseated. Not a good thing when you spend all day going up and down at work. So I called in sick. Correction -- I had Ziggie call in sick for me. I'm such a chicken when it comes to calling in. I just called in on Sunday and I knew that my team leader was not going to be happy. I figured since Ziggie has never met her, he was less likely to be tempted to send me to work than if I talked to her.

I hate calling in -- I really do. I don't like disappointing people and I don't like being sick. I love my job, and I hate when I can't be there. But I think that tonight I would have been more of a liability than a help.

My son talked non-stop once his daddy got home. "Daddy? Milk! Milk! Milk! Daddy? Daddy? couch... couch... cheese!! Cheese! Apple!! Apple!! That? That? Coco, balloon!! Coco balloon!! Parker puppy! Parker puppy!! Baby Colers (Colin)!! Baby Colers!! Mommy? Mommy? Peepee... peepee... TeeTee (TV), teetee pause, teetee play!! Towel, towel, wipe! Towel wipe!!" And so on and so forth. He wanted to be held in my lap, under a blanket, and didn't want me to get up for anything. About six he was getting cranky and wouldn't stop talking and started running a fever. So we stuck him in bed an hour early. While I was rocking him, he said "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy..." about a thousand times -- seriously, no breaks, for about ten minutes straight. Finally I laid him in his crib and left the room, and he continued with the "mommy"-ing for about two more minutes before he coughed and fell asleep. It was cute, but quite annoying as well.

After Baby went down, we watched some TV, and I painted my fingernails. I love this color -- it's kind of orangey pinkey -- called coral. It's sparkly without being too obvious, and it's really nice. I love having my nails colored: I feel just that much sexier. I like feeling good about myself.

Well, once again, it's late; and I'm tired. So good night!!

Dear Father,
Please help my son to sleep well tonight and to feel better tomorrow. Give me the patience to potty train him, and help me to sleep well too. Father, thank you for a day to rest, and thank you that I'm feeling better now than I was earlier.
Amen.

No comments: